Wednesday, January 20, 2010

With one little action.. the chain reaction..

Our latest attempts to make somebody smile proved to be very rewarding. For me at least. To understand why we chose them you need to know about our transportation system. My car is struggling so I can only drive it when I REALLY have to. I have been trying to exercise more so I used this as my violent shove into the exercise plan. I started riding the bus to work, but by the time I am off work the bus doesn't come by anymore. Instead of being dragged down and panic, I used this as my opportunity to run! I run home from work. Apparently it did well because I lost four pounds this last week. Anyway, for our attempt to make somebody smile Missa had a great idea. We were riding the bus to go to the store and noticed it was very quiet and not a lot of people were smiling. While we were out shopping we picked up some balloons at the dollar store and arranged them into a bouquet. Next time we saw the bus driver we gave him our balloons. He was confused at first. Non-the-less he tied them to some bars on in the bus. I like to think it helped brighten up a bus ride for somebody.

The next day was probably my favorite attempt for our smiles for everybody mission. On Saturday afternoon Missa and I went to lunch at Olive Garden. We are both eating better for the GSP (Get Sexy Program) so lunch gets pretty cheap when you order a salad and the other orders a soup. Next we ordered a dessert. "You can't have dessert on the GSP!!" you might say... and you would be right. It wasn't for us. We coupled our money and bought dessert for a random table. There were two female ladies a few booths away from us that turned into the lucky recipients. I was already so excited at this point. I felt like I did good. However, to my surprise, they turned around and bought dessert for another table! It was neat to see this big chain reaction begin in the restaurant! I was definitely smiling.

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up." ~Mark Twain


1 comment:

  1. So awesome!! Way to go on the exercise and running - I wish I had lost four pounds last week. And I loved the Olive Garden story. That really must have been cool to see the table pay it forward.

    ReplyDelete