Sunday, January 10, 2010

Visiting Neverland

I can only associate my dream with my extreme love for Disneyland and my desire to be young at heart. Last night I had a wonderful dream and when I woke up, my feelings from the dream still had me on a "high" if you will.

In my dream I was with my family in an airplane. Fairly common for my family. Well, we went to go do what looked like sky diving but it was definitely not. It was night time on our plane but there was enough light for us to see. We all held on to keys from our cars and jumped out of the plane... AND WE COULD FLY! Our instructor (Dr. Bailey from Grey's Anatomy) kept telling us to think of flying and lifting up. My dad stayed by me to help me stay in the air. He was much better at this than I was. Fast forward in my dream... I was with Dr. Bailey and we were near a building trying to teach others to fly with us. I held my car key above me, thought about flying, and up I went. If you stay straight up and down- your rise. If you lay on your stomach- you go forward. And if you lay on your back- you will lower to the ground. I went up high enough to be above the city and watch the cars pass by and look over the tall buildings. I surrounded myself with clouds often. This is something I wanted to share with everybody.

Unfortunately, I woke up. All dreams come to an end when reality sinks in. However, secretly, I still believe I can fly...... :)

"They say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true." - Briar Rose

Wendy: But, Peter, how do we get to Never Land?
Peter Pan: Fly, of course.
Wendy: Fly?
Peter Pan: It's easy! All you have to do is to.... is to...Ha! That's funny.
Wendy: What's the matter? Don't you know?
Peter Pan: Oh, sure. It's.... it's just that I never thought about it before. Say, that's it! You think of a wonderful thought.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of Disney, did Mom or Stanton tell you we are going in October? I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. We weren't going to, but then Disney is having a promotion where you do a day of service and get a one day-one park ticket for free. You can then use that ticket towards the purchase of an annual pass. Way fun, huh? You have to pre-register for your service, and Disney only has certain options. Go to Disneyparks.com to see what service you can do in St. George. Mom, Dad, John, Jackson, and I are all doing ours next Monday (I think - United Way needs to get back with us). So yay for another Fall Break in Disneyland!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard! I had actually visited the Disneyland website a few days before mom called to tell me. Unfortunately there were no service projects in Stg so I will be doing mine with the Utah symphony and Orchestra :)

    I also think I am getting my annual pass in September because I am still planning to go for the half marathon!

    I'm very pleased with your decision to be a Disney fanatic for another year :) I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of it being put on hold so this is MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete