Friday, January 8, 2010

Body Language

So, it has almost been a year since I began this whole "blog" idea. A lot has happened this year and each thing has molded me to be the person I am now. There are obstacles I wish I didn't have to go through, but in hind-sight I realized I needed those in my life.

A new year has started and I couldn't be more excited to see what is going to happen this year. I had a very difficult time last year (Creed) and I did not think of Stg as the place I always remembered it. When I was little it was the vay-cay spot of the year. Moving down here last year did not produce the same results. However, I have let go of the things holding me back(Creed). Every time I walk outside I am overwhelmed with the beauty and happiness Stg offers. When I drive to work I love having the windows down with my favorite song while driving through the streets of Stg. I wan to become independent. I don't want to use my parents assets. Soon I will not be a teenager anymore. It is time I do things for myself and make decisions on my own. I am working on staying positive. Life is good. I am embracing the things that come my way. I AM GOING TO HOLLAND!

This year has proven to be full of events and joys I cannot fully comprehend! I absolutely LOVE having my best friend as my roommate! She knows me better than I know myself-literally! We laugh constantly, and laughing is what gets me from day to day. We get to experience things that some people don't. We have many adventures in the future and I can't wait to see what is in store!

This is only the beginning of my happily ever after.


"You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you'd rather be."


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're going to Holland. And Holland is beautiful! I should know - I've been there (thank you Joy, Jesse, and Jordan). But don't forget Italy. Perhaps you can see both sometime. Keep stretching for what you want. And although on these trips you'll take luggage, leave your baggage behind (Creed, Preston). Move along, move along. You're a child of God. Once you get forgiveness, you can let go of your baggage. You don't have to keep carrying it around, showing everyone you meet. There's an awesome article in the January Ensign by Elder Holland (huh, how perfect is his name?) about not looking back. I needed it for different reasons I'll share some day. But I definitely think you need it to let go and move on. Go read it. Right now. No, I'm serious - read it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, i want to say thank you for being my sister. I have never gone through a single day without your love and support behind me. I am glad you can give me spiritual guidance and strength while being this far away. Thank you.

    Second, I didn't realize how forceful you could be via technology. I was going to EVENTUALLY read the article until you said "now" so many times. It proved to be the article I needed to hear at the beginning of a new year. I have been working on leaving my past in the past and this reinforced what I wanted to hear. I really liked when he said "The past is to be learned from but not lived in." Sometimes I catch myself in the situation. There were many points in the article I liked. Just one more was when he quoted Elder Neal A. Maxwell saying "Such people know they should have their primary residence in Zion, but they still hope to keep their summer cottage in Babylon." I want to reside in Zion. I WILL reside in Zion.

    Last thought, I am secretly happy that it was an article by Elder Holland :) Really fit in well! I think with where I am right now I need to be focused on Holland and enjoying where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sometimes the hardest thing in life is deciding which bridge to cross and which bridge to burn."

    ReplyDelete