Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Opportunities

I have recently discovered that I do not like teaching teenage boys. I had the most difficult time teaching boys hip hop yesterday while the actual teacher was home with food poisoning. They wouldn't do what I asked, and they made smart comments back about how they didn't want me to be there and they reason they couldn't dance is because I was there. Well, I was the teacher and of course, made them do it anyway. I am glad I was only a substitute for that class and it is not regular. It was worth some extra money. A good opportunity?

I am grateful for the opportunity to live in St. George. It has taught me skills of being a mother by learning to cook and do laundry on a regular basis and smart ways to go grocery shopping. I have learned about living with other people and it is not always easy. I have the tremendous opportunity to go to institute! I have the opportunity to miss my family more than anything and realize the strength we hold together, even miles apart.

"Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space."
-Evan Esar


No comments:

Post a Comment