Monday, February 28, 2011

Celebrate Everyday

Just as a disclosure for this post, it is LOADED with pictures!

I have been moderately stressed recently.. well who am I kidding? I have been severely stressed. Between the Kaplan test, statistics class and tests, applying for nursing school, switching from night shift to day shift (hopefully soon), cross-training as the back-up Health Unit Coordinator at the hospital, dealing with the whole "Noah/Creed/Andrew" situation, training for the marathon, teaching dance, money, phone junk, and maintaining social interactions with anybody of the human race has been quite the balancing act. Fortunately, I was able to go to Disneyland this week and remember there is more to life than being stressed all the time.

Last week kick-started this way of thinking. My parents came down in the middle of the week so we could see the Parade of Homes before venturing off to Disneyland. I always love when my parents come to St. George! We always make a huge breakfast, play games, and it is solely comforting to have my parents at my house.
Anyway, one morning my dad woke me up and said it had rained all night and to be careful when I go out running and training. I was feeling pretty skeptical and texted my running buddy, Kenneth, at 5:45 to see if he still wanted to run. Of course Kenneth did. He is a crazy-running fool! :) Kenneth came over a little after six and we started our run. Ironically enough, his first step was into a huge puddle of water. All I heard was "AH! Foot soaked!" and I couldn't help but to secretly laugh. As the run progressed I realized I was smiling while I was running. I had been smiling without even knowing I was smiling. I don't know if it was the endorphins or the music or the rain or whatever... but I was smiling. The rain made the run very fun! I was dripping rain off my forehead and into my eyes but it was still very fun! I wish everyday would rain for my training. :) Oh! This was also the day I finished 5 miles without stopping for the first time. :)
Kenneth and I also made a very spontaneous and secret trip to Mesquite. Maverick has these shake-type things called F'reals and they are heavenly! I love them! Anyway one night Kenneth, Tiera, Dee, and I were in the living room. Tiera and Dee were leaving to get food and Kenneth wanted ice cream. I was getting ready to go to bed because we have early morning runs and I thought everybody was leaving. Well somehow Kenneth talked me in to going to Mesquite to get F'reals at Maverick and then coming back. Yes, I know St. George has a Maverick... but where is the fun in that?
Kaitlin and Trent had their baby. He was 6 lbs. 15 ounces. His name is Kayden and he was born at 7:14 a.m.
I always feel refreshed after a trip to Disneyland. That is my release and helps me make it through the more difficult situations. I am so grateful I was able to make a trip down with my mom and my brothers Jared and Brian. A word to describe the trip (besides amazing, fantastic, wonderful, magical and those words) would be WET! Boy did we ever get rained on! It was so cold so my mother and I wore sweats (surprise surprise) and Jared and Brian had on three layers of shirts and coats. Apparently I just HAD to have some hot chocolate every time Jared got a latte'. It helped to keep us warm!

This trip happened to be two weeks before my Kaplan test so I spent my extra time in line flipping through the pages of my study book. I received comments such as "There is a dedicated student!" and "You brought a book to study? In Disneyland?!?" but it was necessary.

I have planned a trip for my birthday so while we were there we scoped out hotels and made plans for what we (my mother and I) want to do on my 21st birthday. It makes me more and more excited! I also got some more pins!! I now have 20 pins! I also bought my nephew and niece, Jackson and Joy, two pins each and a lanyard to begin their pin trading collection! We had a lot of new things happen on this trip. Brian saw World of Color for the first time. I just love that show. :) Brian also went to ElecTRONica for the first time. I went on the steamboat for my first time! We met Oscar Martinez- the longest working cast member. He has been there since December 1956. I had read about him recently on the Disneyland blog so I loved meeting him! We tried new restaurants like the French Market and the ESPN place in Downtown Disney. While we were at the French Market we saw a cast member we knew! During our November trip Jared and I spent a lot of time talking with a cast member while waiting for some churros. We quizzed her on her Disney trivia and in return she gave us FOUR FREE churros for keeping her entertained. Come to find out this same cast member also works at the French Market! We were able to say hello AND she gave me a discount on my salmon. :) My mom and I actually recognized A LOT of of cast members... been to Disneyland much?

It was so fun to be in Disneyland. To feel the jealousy of the cast members and keep dreaming about working there. It was lovely to be with some of my family members. It was a nice and simple way to remember to celebrate everyday.




Aladdin show. :)
Lunch/Dinner at the French Market. :)
Seriously got drenched! This picture will never do justice.
No lines? Not possible!?
It was raining so much!


I love this picture because my mom and Brian are laughing SO hard!
On the steamboat :)
During Thundermountain :)
That's my picture!
HECK YES!!! I'm number one and Brian got 5!!!


Studying. :)

Blue Ribbon Bakery: Jared's favorite place for a latte'
This picture is harder to take than you think. We're barely hanging on!






Oscar Martinez!

BAHAHAHA!
"A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive."
~ Walt Disney

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this post. Only it made me a little sad and a lot jealous that I wasn't there too. But happy to see everyone have so much fun! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete